The INMM Executive Committee seeks expressions of interest from Members of the Institute to serve as chair for the INMM Awards Oversight committee.
The INMM Awards Committee is composed of the Awards Oversight Committee Chair and two subcommittees: the DSA and MSA Subcommittee and the Special Awards and Recognition Subcommittee. The DSA and MSA Subcommittee reviews nominations for the Ed Johnson Meritorious Service Award (MSA) and the Vincent J. DeVito Distinguished Service Award (DSA). The Special Awards and Recognition Subcommittee reviews nominations for the Early Career Award and the Charles Pietri Special Services Award and prepares Resolutions of Respect for INMM members who have passed away. The awards are presented during the Opening Plenary Session of the INMM’s Annual Meeting and the Resolutions of Respect are presented during the INMM’s Annual Business Meeting on the Tuesday night that falls during the INMM Annual Meeting.
The Chair of the Awards Oversight Committee represents the Committee before the INMM Executive Committee (EC) and is responsible for providing leadership in the identification of INMM members and community representatives who are deserving of recognition by the Institute.
- Maintain an organizational framework that facilitates timely preparation and presentation of Awards
- Prepare written reports summarizing activities for the EC three times a year and a separate report for inclusion in the INMM Annual Report to the Membership
- Update the awards brochure annually for solicitation of nominations and ensure appropriate distribution, including to all Chapter and Technical Division chairs
- Identify INMM members who have passed away and collect biographical information for preparation of Resolutions of Respect
- Coordinate and validate subcommittee review of nomination packages and provide recommendations to the EC
- Inform the nominators of the results and solicit their help in ensuring attendance of winners at the Awards Ceremony
- Provide oversight of the subcommittees’ work, including preparation of inscriptions for awards and Resolutions of Respect
- Attend the Awards Ceremony and the Annual Business Meeting
- Prepare scripts for use by the President and Vice-President during the Awards Ceremony
- Recruit new members for the Committee, as needed, and ensure that the Committee members represent the diverse geographical and technical make-up of the INMM
- Provide annual budget input to the INMM Treasurer
- Executive Committee Members
- Operations Oversight Chair
- Domestic and International Chapter Chairs
- Technical Divisions
- INMM Headquarters staff
Interested Members should submit their resumes, an expression of interest, and their vision for the position to INMM Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2018