PATRAM 2019 invites you to present papers to share experiences and insights that have resulted in this industry's exemplary safety record. In addition, papers on how the international community can maintain and even improve the safety, security, efficiency, and effectiveness of future radioactive material shipments are requested. The Symposium chairs encourage you to share your experiences, concerns and visions of the future by submitting abstracts to PATRAM 2019.
Authors are invited to propose papers for inclusion in PATRAM 2019 focusing on a broad range of technical, institutional and operational topics and matters. All submissions received by December 30, 2018, will be considered. Selection for inclusion in the PATRAM 2019 Symposium will be made based on the merits of the paper as judged by the Paper Selection Committee.
Papers may include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Package Design (including Materials and Testing)
- Analysis (including Structural, Thermal, Shielding, Criticality, and Risk Assessment)
- Transport Operations (including Tracking, Routing, Emergency Preparedness, Radiation Protection, Denial of Shipments)
- Regulatory & Institutional Issues (including Regulations, Codes and Standards, Communications, Liability, Security)
- Content Specific Challenges (including Spent Fuel, Radio Pharmaceuticals, Large Items, UF6, NORM, Waste, Fissile Material, Orphan Sources, Manufactured Items)
- Topic of your choice
How to Submit an Abstract
Abstracts must be submitted via the PATRAM Abstract Platform from now through December 30, 2018.
- Complete all sections of the electronic submittal form, including name, mailing address, phone, fax and e-mail. This information is important so that the Paper Selection Committee can contact you regarding the disposition of your paper.
- Final Papers are required from all presenters. Final papers are due no later than May 29, 2019. Instructions for submitting your paper will be sent with your author notification.
Click Here to submit your abstract.
Download the Call for Papers instructions.